Tuesday, May 19, 2009

From little girl to big girl...

Halle's room has been the same since before she was born. My mom and I painted it with flowers and butterflies and bees....twice. Once at our old house, and again at our current house when Halle was 2 and we moved. I really loved that room and it made me a little sad to paint over those walls. But, it was time to move on and Halle was r..e..a..d..y. We looked long and hard before finding this bedding set and based her new room on it. It was nice to clean out and declutter and have fresh and new again. We also changed her furniture around. Halle loves the new arrangement and decor.

Halle and Kendall in the old room holding Skittles, the hamster...



Andy painting the ceiling...
Halle having some fun painting...

My mom and I painted the rest--background, stripes, dots, mostly in one day! It was a challenge with Heath around, who stepped in the paint and then on the carpet. I also stayed up a little too late that night because I kicked over a quart of the orange paint, luckily onto the drop cloth, but it was a lot of paint and the cloth is quite a bit heavier now! The finished product, minus a few things that we still have to add to the walls and some of her personal items...


6 comments:

Brian and Marnae Powell Family said...

I really like it!!! What a lucky big girl!

Patrick and Paige said...

SO cute and yes a little sad. I know she loves it though. Good work everyone!!!

Ashley said...

Stinkin Cute! Halle...you lucky girl! I love it!

Joel Michael:o) said...

That is just too perfect, Halle I am so jealous.........I ansolutely LOVE it!!! Nice work everyone!!!

Sean and Candace said...

LOVE the room!!! You always have the best ideas.

Joel Michael:o) said...

And where did you find the adorable bedding.