Sunday, May 31, 2009

All kinds of Country Fun!

Last Sunday we went to visit my family in Salem. I grew up in this house in South Salem out in the country on 12 acres. It was an adventure growing up and is always fun for the kids now. My mom's lilacs (one of my favorites) were in bloom, along with many other beauties. The kids fed the fish, caught and released salamanders into the creek to keep them from the frog eggs (I think), and just ran around like crazy. My brother's kids were there too, so they all had fun playing together. Here is my mom's house

And lots of beautiful flowers...

Halle loved carting Delphina around, who is much lighter than Heath! They are so cute together... This is the dedicated frog pond...
Beautiful scenery...
The gathering on the deck for linner (lunch/dinner)... Feeding the koi in what used to be the pool when I was a kid... note the shirt my mom has resurrected from my first concert at age 13...Oingo Boingo.
The boys with what appear to be mischievous thoughts

Heath kissing a frog... Delphina asleep on Great grandma Dotsi...Kyle with his salamander...


Halle and Kyle before releasing the salamanders Be free little ones...Kyle thought throwing his up in the air was the way to go...
Severin on the banks of another fish pond...
Heath and Gramma Sprok (loving Heath's lower lip!)
Heath loved this fountain...


Great Aunt Sissy and Delphina...
One final flower pic...
We had lots of fun and brought the kids home exhausted...love that!

3 comments:

Patrick and Paige said...

AS ALWAYS!!!! AWESOME PICTURES!!!

Thompson Family said...

thanks!!!I like my my mom`s pictures too!!!


~love Halle

Thelin Family said...

Honestly, your pictures are amazing. Do you use photoshop to make the pics that big? I need to learn. Loved the post. Your kids are so cute