Kyle finally lost his first tooth! It was tooth "O". It was so different than our experience with Halle's first teeth. He had been wanting to lose a tooth for so long. He sometimes claimed to have a loose tooth. He said that he sometimes purposely hit his teeth on things to make them loose! Then I was at work last Tuesday and I got a call that Kyle was very worried about his loose tooth. I kind of laughed and said he doesn't really have a loose tooth. I said that it may be slightly loose, but nothing to worry about. Then when I picked him up, he showed me his "loose" tooth and sure enough, it was
really loose! It looked like it would come out in the next couple of days, maybe. However, Halle would have a tooth that was that loose in her mouth for weeks! She grew several of her permanent teeth in before the baby tooth was even loose! So, Kyle was having a hard time eating dinner and wanted me to take it out. I attempted it and after 1 slight tug, he decided he wasn't ready. He ate a little more and asked to have it taken out again. I volunteered Andy this time.
Here is Kyle before...

During...(Andy applying the topical)

And after!!

Here is the tooth....way close up!


He was happy to have it over and was quite brave. He left a note for the tooth fairy requesting that she leave the tooth. The next morning...what do you know....$5 -- quite the score! ONLY 19 TO GO! (Whenever I talk about this with parents of our kid patients, no one remembers losing 20 teeth. Does anyone else? We must block some of these experiences out!!)
1 comment:
GOOD FOR YOU KYLE!!!! YOU LOOK GREAT AS A WINDOW MOUTH!!!
Post a Comment